Miami, FL – Last night Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump faced off in the final presidential debate of the election cycle. While Hillary Clinton laid out her plan to grow the American economy, fix our broken immigration system and ensure equal rights for all people, Donald Trump proved once again why he is the wrong choice for the country. Although vulnerable Republican Congressman Carlos Curbelo tries to distance himself from Trump, there are clear similarities between Trump’s debate statements and Curbelo’s record.
Trump on immigration
“We have some bad hombres here and we're going to get them out.”
Curbelo’s record on immigration
- Curbelo called for the deportation of children detained during the 2014 border crisis.
- Curbelo has gone on radio to support suing President Obama over protections against deportations for millions of families.
Trump on a woman’s right to choose
“The justices that I'm going to appoint will be pro-life, they will have a conservative bent.”
Curbelo’s record on a woman’s right to choose
- Curbelo received a 15% rating from NARAL Pro-Choice America
- Curbelo voted to defund Planned Parenthood
- Curbelo, supported a bill restricting abortions that was so radical even fellow members of the Republican Party rejected it.
Trump on guns
“I am a very strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment.“
“I am proud to have the endorsement of the NRA.”
Curbelo’s record on guns
- Curbelo has a 90% score with Gun Owners of American
- Curbelo voted against consideration of a bill requiring background checks for gun purchases.
- Curbelo voted 8 times against a bill that would prevent suspected terrorists from buying guns.
- The Brady Campaign has called him a “Lap Dog” for the NRA and the gun lobby.
Trump on his business
“I built a massive company, a great company”.
Trump hides his taxes so the public can’t know what he and his foundation do with their money.
Curbelo on his lobbying company
- Lobbyist Curbelo said: “I’m very proud of my business,” but won’t tell us who he really represented.
- Instead of releasing his list of lobbying clients, he transferred the ownership of his lobbying firm to his wife to avoid federal disclosure laws.
- Although voters and the media have continuously asked him to release his client list, he still refuses to do it.
- “I have disclosedall the information that is required by the law.”
Trump on Obamacare
“We have to repeal and replace the disaster known as Obamacare.”
“Obamacare has to go.”
Curbelo’s record on Obamacare
- Curbelo voted 7 times to rollback and repeal Obamacare, replacing it with nothing, which would take away healthcare for 20 million people.
- Curbelo would return to a system that charges women more than men and discriminates against people with preexisting conditions.
Former Democratic Congressman Joe Garcia has a history of standing up to extremists like Trump and has spoken openly about his plan to vote for Secretary Hillary Clinton for president. Meanwhile his Republican opponent Rep. Curbelo continues to vote in support of Trump’s vision for America, despite saying he will not vote for Trump (or Hillary Clinton).